2014 North Carolina Blueberry Festival Essay Scholarship
The purpose of the NC Blueberry Festival Association Essay Scholarship is to provide post high school academic scholarships to North Carolina students. Award of scholarships will be based on the following criteria and requirements:
- Senior in secondary education.
- Reside or attend school in one of the following counties in North Carolina: Bladen, Duplin, New Hanover, Pender, or Sampson.
- Write and submit an essay on the provided topic.
- Provide a list of your past and present community involvement activities.
- Reflection Statement
- Acceptance into an accredited two- or four-year college or university.
- Full-time student status (minimum of 12 credit hours/semester).
- Pursuit of a degree in an agricultural field of study is not required.
The North Carolina Blueberry Festival Association hopes to award $20,000.00 in scholarships once again this year. A minimum of five $4,000 scholarships will be awarded to five deserving high school seniors. Scholarships will be awarded based on available funding.
Awards may be used toward the payment for tuition, fees, or books. This year the NC Cooperative Extension Office within each county has agreed to help students that are interested in agricultural- based careers, with subject matter expertise and providing information on potential careers in an agricultural field.
Final selection of applicants to receive scholarships will be made by the NC Blueberry Festival Scholarship Essay Selection Committee. The committee will give equal consideration to all applicants who fulfill the requirements. Decisions of the committee are final. All essays become the property of the North Carolina Blueberry Festival Association.
All essay scholarship materials must be submitted by April 1, 2014.
Announcement of Winners to the Blueberry Association will be made by April 30, 2014.
2014 Blueberry Scholarship Application
2014 Blueberry Festival Scholarship Application
2014 Blueberry Festival Scholarship Winners