2013 Essay Scholarship
The purpose of the NC Blueberry Festival Association Essay Scholarship is to provide post high school academic scholarships to North Carolina students. Award of scholarships will be based on the following criteria and requirements:
- Senior in secondary education.
- Reside or attend school in one of the following counties in North Carolina: Bladen, Duplin, New Hanover, Pender, or Sampson.
- Write and submit an essay on the provided topic.
- Provide a list of your past and present community involvement activities.
- Reflection Statement
- Acceptance into an accredited two- or four-year college or university.
- Full-time student status (minimum of 12 credit hours/semester).
- Pursuit of a degree in an agricultural field of study is not required.
The NC Blueberry Festival Association hopes to award a minimum of one $4,000 scholarship, one $3,000 scholarship, one $2,000 scholarship, and one $1,000 scholarship to high school seniors. Scholarships will be awarded based on available funding. Awards may be used toward the payment for tuition, fees, or books. This year the NC Cooperative Extension Office within each county has agreed to help students that are interested in agricultural- based careers, with subject matter expertise and providing information on potential careers in an agricultural field.
Final selection of applicants to receive scholarships will be made by the NC Blueberry Festival Scholarship Essay Selection Committee. The committee will give equal consideration to all applicants who fulfill the requirements. Decisions of the committee are final. All essays become the property of the North Carolina Blueberry Festival Association.
All essay scholarship materials must be submitted by May 15,2013.
Announcement of Winners to the Blueberry Association will be May 29, 2013.
2013 Blueberry Scholarship Application
View the 2013 Blueberry Festival Scholarship Application