2019 North Carolina Blueberry Festival
Thursday June 13th, 2019
- 2 pm – Color the Streets Blue, Sidewalk Chalk Art Event, a fun, family friendly, sidewalk chalk drawing event! Pick your individual square to decorate with chalk! Organizations, groups, adults and children are welcome. Free to attend! Event located down Courthouse Avenue……….Hosted by the NC Blueberry Festival !
Friday, June 14th, 2019
- Festival Kickoff
- 6 am –Whole Hog BBQ Cookoff Begins
- 9 am – Annual Recipe Contest @ The Burgaw Community Building, Judging begins at 1130 am
- 9 am – Shop Festival Office & Sales Tent, 2018 Festival Shirts & Merchandise
- 10 am – Fresh Blueberry Sales from Local Blueberry Farms
- 10 am- Shop Local Downtown Merchants
- 11 am –BBQ Sandwich Sales & Blueberry Sales, located at Family Dollar across from Depot
- 2-4 pm-Band & Entertainment, at Depot Stage
- Featuring Chillin Dixie, Country Music
- 5-6 pm Wholehog BBQ Cook off Judging & Trophies Awarded, at Depot Stage
- Whole Hog BBQ Cook off Awards, Event sponsored by Smithfield
- 5 pm – 10pm Entertainment on Main Stage, Courthouse Square
Saturday, June 15th, 2019
- 7 am – Annual 5K Run or 1 Mile Walk (Check In & Sign up at 615 am)
- 8 am – Tour de Blueberry Ride Check-In, Hosted by The Cape Fear Cyclists
- 830 am – Tour de Blueberry Ride Begins
- 9 am – Festival Opens ~
- 9 am – Welcome & Live Music all day at the Main Stage
- 9 am Band of Brothers, at the Main Stage
- 9 am- Kids Stage– Located at Depot
- 10-11 am Burgaw Dance Center
- Visiting Festival & Area Queens
- Appearances by Belle & Moana
- Wine & Design, Come paint blueberries on a canvas!!, Located down Courthouse Avenue, canvas and paint provided!
- BMX Stunt Show – King BMX Stunt Shows, Located at Depot & Judicial Annex
- Show Times: 11 am, 1 pm, & 3 pm
- Meet & Greet throughout the day w/ Keith King
- 10 am –Tyree Hines & Blessed Nation, at the Main Stage
- 12- 1 pm Opening Ceremony
- National Anthem & Presentation of Colors
- Sponsor Recognition, Scholarship Awards Recognition,
- Recipe Contest Awards Recognition
- Introductions of the 2019 Blueberry Queens
- 1-3 pm – Main Stage TBD
- 4:00-6 pm – TBD
- 7-10 pm – TBD
- 10 pm – Festival Closes
Downtown parking at the festival is limited on Saturday. Handicap parking is available on the block of 200 E Fremont Street.
Festival shuttles are available on Saturday from 9am to 9pm. Parking for shuttles are located at both Pender Landing Shopping Center, 602 US Hwy 117, and at the Pender County Extension Offices, 801 S Walker Street.
Restrooms, ATMs, & First Aid are available.
No Coolers, Tents, Outside Alcohol, or Loud Speakers are allowed. No Pets!
*Mark your calendars to join us on December 31st for Burgaw’s 1st Annual New Year’s Eve Blueberry Drop!