The purpose of the NC Blueberry Festival Association Essay Scholarship is to provide post high school academic scholarships to North Carolina students. Award of scholarships will be based on the following criteria and requirements:
- Senior in secondary education.
- Reside or attend school in one of the following counties in North Carolina: Bladen, Duplin, New Hanover, Pender, or Sampson.
- Write and submit an essay on the provided topic.
- Provide a list of your past and present community involvement activities.
- Reflection Statement
- Acceptance into an accredited two- or four-year college or university.
- Full-time student status (minimum of 12 credit hours/semester).
- Pursuit of a degree in an agricultural field of study is not required.
The North Carolina Blueberry Festival Association awarded five $4,000 scholarships last year.
Awards may be used toward the payment for tuition, fees, or books.
Final selection of applicants to receive scholarships will be made by the North Carolina Blueberry Festival Scholarship Essay Selection Committee. The committee will give equal consideration to all applicants who fulfill the requirements. Decisions of the committee are final. All essays become the property of the North Carolina Blueberry Festival Association.