The purpose of the NC Blueberry Festival Association Scholarship is to provide post-high school academic scholarships to North Carolina students. Award of scholarships will be based on the following criteria and requirements:
- Senior in secondary education.
- Reside or attend school in one of the following counties in North Carolina: Bladen, Duplin, New Hanover, Pender, or Sampson.
- Write and submit an essay on the provided topic.
- Provide a list of your past and present community involvement activities.
- Acceptance into an accredited two- or four-year college or university.
- Full-time college enrollment in 2019/2020 (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester).
- Pursuit of a degree in an agricultural field of study is not required.
Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,000 each.
Awards may be used toward the payment for tuition, fees, or books.
- The number of scholarships awarded will be based on available funding.
Final selection of applicants to receive scholarships will be made by the North Carolina Blueberry Festival Scholarship Selection Committee. The committee will give equal consideration to all applicants who fulfill the requirements. Decisions of the committee are final. All essays become the property of the North Carolina Blueberry Festival Association.